Name your five favorite geniuses - evil or otherwise - from any fandom.
1. Gregory House from House MD. He's a snarky, unpleasant bastard, but he's always right. I wouldn't go so far as to call him evil though.
2. The Doctor from Doctor Who. I love this man rather a lot, because he's mental and childish and clever. Sometimes it backfires, like in Midnight, but mostly he saves the day by virtue of being a genius, a vengeful god or a complete dork. XD
3. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, mainly because I identified with her a lot. She was clever and didn't really hang out with other girls and lived in the library and she cared a lot about random causes. She was basically my role model for a good few years and I can't forget it.
4. Kaywinnit Lee Frye from Firefly, who yeah, may not be classically smart, but she manages to keep Serenity flying when she should be falling out of the sky, and she's lovely to everyone and everything, and is completely unapologetic for wanting pretty dresses, engines and sex. She's shiny. :D
5. Tim Drake from DC Comics. He was the dorky, slightly obsessive fanboy who became a hero, and he was smart enough to figure out Batmans secret identity, for God's sake. Dick even said that they took him in to prevent him from turning into an evil supergenius! He's wonderful, even though they keep making him an arse at the minute. :(
OK, read Watchmen last night. I'm in less of a state of shock now, but seriously, that comic was amazing. For me the mark of a great story is when you finish it and are just stunned for a second, just a moment before the questions and emotions and reactions and fangasms all come flooding back.
Watchmen affected me this way.
Thank you, Alan Moore, for creating a story where I can sympathise with a sociopath while hating what he does, where I can really see a character who isn't human, where I can see heroes as people. For making a world that made me feel this way.
We appreciate it.